Due to the large concentration of aerospace related industries in the area, Middle Georgia has been dubbed GEORGIA’S ‘AEROSPACE CORRIDOR’. Middle Georgia is home to more than 100 aerospace companies and contractors. The Middle Georgia area is also home to Robins Air Force Base, the largest industrial complex in the state with over 21,000 maintenance and logistics workers. There are over 30,000 aerospace workers in the area. Gray, Georgia offers workforce advantages for aerospace companies with wage rates below national averages, a favorable labor environment, trained workers and programs for ensuring expedited start-up operations.
- 3 MRO operations and strong supplier network located within Region
- Quick Start- #1 Training Program in the Country
- Aerospace Engineering and aerospace technical training programs available
- 7 colleges and universities with over 25,300 college students located within 50 miles
- 11 county draw area of over 488,000 people
- First-rate transportation infrastructure